Monday, August 24, 2009

The Great Escape

As mentioned earlier my little Spencer has chosen for himself to be in a toddler bed. How is it going??? Well I thought fairly well the first week. I put him down for naps and evenings and he stayed in bed. But... this whole time he's been extremely tired and wanted to go to bed. Now he wants to sleep with Jared in his big bed which is way too high for him. The last few nights Jared and Spencer have slept in the toddler bed together. So far so good. The only bad thing is they'll wake each other up in the mornings.

Another thing Spencer was doing when he switched to the toddler bed and before sleeping with Jared was coming up at random hours of the night because he could (no longer trapped in the crib.) But the two nights he's slept with Jared both boys have stayed in bed the whole night... knock on wood.

So I wrote the above portion last week. And since then it's been great! Jared and Spencer sleep in the little toddler bed together and even though it's small they have plenty of space because they like sleeping right by each other. I honestly thought them sleeping in the same bed would be worse but they don't get up as often, they stay in bed better when put down, and sleep in a little longer. It's so sweet to sneak in and look at them. Sometimes one is hugging the other or their hands are on each other's faces. Tender little moments...

Also worth noting... Spencer has a favorite blanket. Whenever he wakes up he wants it and loves me to wrap it around him when he's tired. He doesn't have to have it all the time but definitely prefers it to any other blanket. And the best part is it's a cute blanket so I don't mind at all. My friend Wendy made it for him and she did a beautiful job. The front is flannel squares and the back has that silky feel (I have no idea what it is.) Thanks Wendy! (I don't know why I don't have a current picture of Spencer with his blanket, He really does LOVE it!)

2 comments:

Justin & Heather said...

oh my gosh wendy looks so young! Cole's favorite is his "wendy blanket" (as he calls it) too. and I am sure ali's will be too. ah, I love having talented friends!

Wendy said...

I am so glad he loves it! Haha, I do look young. I guess the past few years have aged me? haha.