Wednesday, August 19, 2009

38 Week Appointment

I'm not technically 38 weeks until tomorrow but anyways... I hadn't changed at all from my last appointment except for I wasn't measuring any bigger and lost a little weight (probably from all the stress.) The doctor wasn't too concerned but to be safe ordered me an ultra sound to make sure. The doctor said since the baby hadn't dropped and I was still measuring the same she was mainly worried about the amniotic fluid level.

So I waited after my appointment for another 20 mins or so for the ultra sound. During the ultra sound everything seemed to be looking good according to the technician. His estimated due date is exactly the 3rd and right now they estimate he weighs 7 lbs 2 oz. (that means I'm heading for another 8 lb baby if he comes full term! and he has a slightly bigger head than average; someday I'll get a small headed baby:)

After the ultra sound the technician said I needed to meet with my doctor. I was a little confused because the doctor had said I could leave right away if everything looked okay. The technician hadn't said anything negative and even commented on how wonderful everything was... hm.... It ended up I waited another 20-30 mins to have my doctor appologize that they kept me and confirmed that everything was great.

In between my appointment I had called Chris and told him the update and ultra sound scheduled. Before the appointment we both guessed what change I would have this week. My guess still a 2 and 60% effaced, his guess a 4 and 75% (Does he seem eager or what?) After the ultra sound I called him again and told him he could either meet me at the hospital or come home and drive in with me. He asked if I was serious and I said no, not wanting to drag it on too long. His reply, "That was mean!" I guess he's not any too eager.

I too am glad this baby gets to stay inside awhile longer. While waiting for the ultra sound I really didn't think anything would be wrong but I kept thinking, maybe that's why I've been so busy getting things in order. Whatever the case, I'm glad I do have normal life back and can enjoy it a little longer before change sets in...

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Marjorie, what a crazy ordeal leading up to this point. I understand the feeling of wanting to have everything in order before baby comes!! I still don't have things ready, but am hoping once the kids are in school next week, things will settle down and I can continue to check things of the baby-to-do-list.

Sounds like were in the same boat. I was checked today and am the same as you!! However, I'm not getting my hopes up...after six pregnancies I've learned not to get too excited about an early delivery (or at least I'm trying not too.)

You are wonderful!! We love you and are excited to meet this little boy. He is one lucky fellow to be coming to such a special family:)

Alicia said...

I had the same thing going on- not gaining weight, belly not getting larger, getting an ultrasound to check amnio fluid, non-stress test, but everything looking good. I think it happens a lot but I think the doctors are always wanting to be on the safe side. Good luck with getting things ready! I wasn't ready, didn't have my bag all packed and such, but it still turned out fine. I can't wait to hear how things go and see pictures of a new baby!

Alison Hixson said...

Good luck Marjorie! We are so excited for you guys to welcome your 3rd little boy! How awesome! You do so well with raising little boys and they will all just grow up being the best of friends! I think it is awesome that you have them all about 2 years apart! You are an amazing mom!

Ashley A. said...

I love hearing these updates. I'm so glad you were able to accomplish some of the things that were stressing you. I'm very slowly trying to get some of that stuff done.

I'm sorry that it's looking like you won't come early. I hope you're not too uncomfortable.

I can't wait to hear when he comes! Miss you guys!

Ringo and Company said...

Congratulations on your soon to be new arrival. This is Heidi. I was Adrienne's roommate at BYU. Good luck with labor and delivery. Your boys are so cute.

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin & Heather said...

I just read your comment, I do the same thing with google reader...but I too am an avid reader of your blog! of course, was their ever a question? I am so stinkin' excited for you! 3 boys...with the cutest mommy ever! miss you!