I admire how much trust Jared has in Chris and me but sometimes it's a little too much. I don't know how many times Chris has just barely caught Jared when leaping through the air and how many times Chris was just luckily holding his hands in the right place to catch a falling Jared without looking to catch him.
Well today Jared's luck ran out. He was standing on a chair in the kitchen by the counter while I was getting things ready to do dishes. As I turned to go grab something off the table Jared exclaimed, "Hold you mommy!" As soon as I heard him I turned around but he had already leapt and belly flopped onto the floor. I quickly scooped him up not noticing any harm but as I held him he kept grabbing his hand. As I surveyed his hand I noticed it was swelling up. He wouldn't move his hand for awhile when I asked him to but eventually would. So I don't think any harm is done ( I probably made you all believe there was going to be a broken bone or something the way I wrote about it, but no he's fine.) So yes there are so many attributes of Jared's (children) I would like to emulate but sometimes they do things TOO well:)
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a cute way to put it- having TOO much trust is definitely something we need to sway kids from- but there is a FINE line, huh? I'm glad Jared is alright. If he weren't I'd think this time of year is a bad one for him and accidents!
Oh poor little Jared. I am glad Jared is okay. He is such a cutie.
Love you all.
Post a Comment