Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Goodies and Cougar Fight Song

I mentioned in my last post how I love Christmas baking! I was so excited to do it with Jared which ended up being fun and frustrating all in one. Besides wanting to pull my hair out at times I'll share some of the fun things:

During all the baking Jared has liked to taste the desserts before they've been cooked (mainly things like cookie batter). While making gingerbread cookies I was getting ready to measure the molasses. He asked if he could try some. Why not! I used to eat it with my dad when little. I let him take a swig. I wish I could have gotten a clip of it. He immediately said, "I don't like it." But what made it even more funny is he wasn't swallowing it so his voice was coated with "thickness" (I don't know how to describe it!) He always wanted to be involved. While making Candy Cane cookies I had to role out the white and red part. He wanted to help me make snakes. Unfortunately the dough isn't like playdough and he wasn't very successfull.
Jared helping make the gingerbread cookies:

Today Jared started singing a song to Chris, he finally figured iy out the second time he sang it. We didn't realize he knew this song that well. Jared's rendition of the Cougar Fight Song. The words are below the clip.

Rise all loyal cougars and hurl your challenge to the foe.
You will fight, day or night, rain or snow.
Loyal, strong, and true
Wear the white and blue.
While we sing, get set to spring.
Come on Cougars it's up to you. Oh!

Rise and shout, the Cougars are out
along the trail to fame and glory.
Rise and shout, our cheers will ring out
As you unfold your victr'y story.

On you go to vanquish the foe for Alma Mater's
sons and daughters.
As we join in song, in praise of you, our faith is strong.
We'll raise our colors high in the blue
And cheer our Cougars of BYU.

Before I had Spencer I worried about writing all about the new baby and not writing as much on Jared. As I've looked through my posts I don't know why I worried. I hardly have anything on Spencer not even very many pictures compared to Jared. I guess he's cute but not as interesting as Jared. He does smile now and coos occasionally but it's just not as interesting. But since he is cute I will include some pictures of our little guy:)
I also wanted to note for my benefit that Jared has started saying his own prayers. They go something like the following: "Dear Heavenly Father, thank thee for this day. Thank thee for daddy, and mommy, and Spencer. Please bless the food. (and sometimes more) Name of Jesus Christ, Amen!"

8 comments:

Ali said...

Jared is such a smart kid. You guys are such good parents to him! He's so lucky to be born in your family...as you are lucky to have him too!

Ali said...

OH, and CUTE pics of Spencer--he looks all big with that smile he's pulling.

Haley Hale said...

i like the picture of jared and spencer together...that is one for the scrapbook!

Kristen Lee Briggs said...

I really like reading about the adventures of Jared and Spencer! I can't wait to see Jared again and meet Spencer! I miss you guys so much! We should all just move back to Jerome and build houses in our own little culdesac (sp) with some other fun people! But, your boys have to be nice to my girls.....not mean like how Chris was to me....meanie! I'm sure your boys will be very very nice though!
I loved reading your memories from 8th grade! I liked Mrs. Schofield, too. Do you remember 9th grade and when you, Christy, and I used to play really loud in Christy's house? We played like hide-and-seek or something! I bet her dad wanted us dead because we were so loud and giggly!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! What cute little ones you have!! They just make me so happy and provide a good break from all the studying during finals week... yuck! Can't wait to see you soon! Aaaah! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love my nephews!

Wendy said...

You have the cutest little boys! In picture of Jared holding Spencer you can totally tell they have different features. Still so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marjorie. . . it's your cousin, darcee. I've been trying to find your number so I could call and invite you over for supper on a weeknight or for a Sunday treat, but haven't been able to find one so I decided to finally just leave a comment on your blog. Email me if you're interested. . .chart@utwire.net.

darcee