
This Christmas we get to spend Christmas Eve and day with the Meservy side. Everyone is here all 13 of us (6 kids, 3 in laws, 2 grandkids, and grammy and grandpa)! Right now the boys are playing video games which I can say I really dislike so I'm posting to the blog! We're excited to see Jared in the morning. He's getting a tee ball set that is way more advance than his age (the box says 3+ but I think it's even more advanced than a three-year-old!) The tee ball is a little too tall for Jared but we don't think that will stop him from having fun. The tee set also pitches the ball up in the air and out. After Chris put it together the boys had fun playing with it.

Today Jared helped make a gingerbread house and it looks like it has a two-year-old touch.

Chris' mom's birthday is the 25th so we celebrate it Christmas Eve. This year they got a Cold Stone Cake and had all December and January birthdays blow out the candles. So Cherie, Chris, Ty, and Jared all blew them out. We lighted them twice for Jared since he enjoyed it!

Later we all got our pajamas but we pretty much had to force Jared into them. But once they were on Jared and Spencer looked really cute! Our camera didn't save our family picture in our pajamas so I only have a picture of Spencer in his.

All the married siblings in my family were doing things with the other side or themselves for Christmas Eve so on Sunday we acted out the Nativity with my sister Heidi's family, we missed you Valerie! Jared was and angel and Chris, Spencer and I were Joseph, Baby Jesus, and Mary. Below are also pictures of our shepards and wisemen.

It was fun acting out the nativity and even though we do it every year I am touched by the miracle of Christs life. How grateful I am to be able to celebrate His birth and life. I'm also grateful for Mary and Joseph and the sacrafices they made and the lives they lived. I love this season and hope to not get too caught up in the gifts and worldly part of the holiday but remember the greatest gift that was given on that "Silent Night".
No comments:
Post a Comment