Monday, March 15, 2010

Christmas Take Two

Santa did find us I just needed to find motivation to record it. I can hardly remember lots that went on during the holidays so I'll mainly include pictures and anything I feel like adding along the way:)
Spencer and Jared playing with grandma's toys before Christmas (castle and gameboy)
Grandma and Miles enjoying each other.
Christmas is Cherie's birthday so we celebrate it Christmas Eve. One of the presents she opened was Miles' gift from Uncle Joe which Jared fell in love with:) The boys were more than helpful in helping her unwrap her gifts. Mal and Joe Christmas Eve.
The boys were excited for Christmas morning. I was sure Jared was going to wake up at 5:00 and warned everyone for an early morning. But instead Spencer and Jared woke up at 3:00 to the barking of Brandon's "Santa" gift. I heard the dog first and went in to see if there was anything I could do but I wasn't fast enough and the boys soon joined me. We were probably uip for an hour and half before I was able to convince them to go back to bed so Santa could come. The good thing about having them wake up in the middle of the night is the slept in till 8:00! Jared was excited to get Brandon up because he was told he couldn't tell Brandon about the dog until Christmas. And that's exactly what he did, even before he saw it:)
For Christmas I got the boys castles and knights. I didn't specify whose waws whose to try and avoid fighting but Jared pretty much claimed the blue castle leaving Spencer thinking his was the black castle.

They were pretty excited to get them and I was even more excited for the price I got them at. I got them at a yard sale at the end of summer for a a steal of a deal. The knights and horses brand new run for $15 a set but I got all you see (blue castle set) for $25. I got the black set for $8. I love good deals:)
Christmas Morning:

The whole Meservy clan minus Jim and Cherie My sister Jeanine bringing the boys gifts.
Outside with the puppy and airplanes
Jim and his traditional prime rib...Yummy!
Mal and boys
Christmas dinner with extended family
Then we headed over to my sister Heidi's house to spend time with my family.
Mike and the kids with the nerf guns
Mom, Camile, and Miles
Miles and Me, Thomas and Heid, and Sophie and Valerie
Miles, Sophie and Tommy (Miles and Tommy are 2 weeks apart and Sophie 2 +months younger)
The boys sporting their WSU clothes from Grandma M.

One our favorite gifts was RockBand but the drums didn't work so we weren't able to fully rock out until we received the replacement drums in Chicago.
Miles and Grandma B
One night we got together with some siblings and played games. I can't remember what game we were playing but Jeanine had a couple choices and she chose to have someone use makeup and draw glasses and mustache and wear it for the rest of the game. Well just that day I had seen some bright red lipstick that I knew would do the trick and walla!
After waiting the whole game that red did some damage. It would not come off and just smeared everywhere. It was HILARIOUS!!! This is the best shot I could get but that night will be remembered because of Jeanine:)

Spencer was inseperable with this helmet/hat at my mom's house.


We brought all our snowclothes and waited and waited for it to snow.
Spencer and Jared with cousins Katie and Micah

And finally we had snow!


Our finished product (mainly done by Cherie and me)


The trip home was even smoother than the way going out. The boys were troopers and we managed to fit everything in our van. Christmas was a success and now we only have about 9 more months til it's here again!!!

3 comments:

Hampers said...

Nice blog. Nice to see that you all had a great time on Christmas. It was nice going through your blog. Miles looks cute and adorable.

Ali said...

That lipstick story is hilarious...especially since it didn't happen to me:)

So are you finding garage sales to be awesome in Chicago? Those are some steals! Good job.

Grandma B said...

Thanks for the posts. What fun it was to see all the pictures and read the narrative. I love you family and I'm proud to be a part of it.