While in Idaho over Christmas I was able to spend time with my sisters and their kids allowing my kids to play with their cousins. One day while at Valerie's house we were getting ready to leave and I told Jared we needed to run home real quick. My in-laws live a mile or less from Valerie's house. He started to cry. I told him he could stay if he wanted but he protested. As I was buckling him in his carseat he looked at me and said, "So you were just kidding that we were going to "run" home?" I started laughing and said, "Yes, we're going to drive?" The English language is very confusing for a 4 year-old.
I don't know where Jared learned this:
One day when taking Jared to school one little girl, Amaya, saw him and excitedly shouted, “Hi Jared!” and then embarrassed from her salutation hid behind her dad. It was evident to me that this little girl liked Jared, whether a crush or just liked him I don’t know but indeed liked him. A couple days later after school I asked Jared if he had any “girl” friends at school. He said no. I asked him about Amaya. He said, “No, she’s Anna’s friend.” (We do a lot with Anna and her family.) I then told him he could have lots of friends and people can have lots of friends too. Amaya could be both their friends. He then exclaimed, “Lets write her a letter!” They made mail boxes at their school and give each other “letters”. So we set out to write Amaya a letter. He started out by writing her name at the top and then didn’t want to write anymore but he told me what to write. It said, “Will you be my friend. Please send me a letter.” Signed Jared. He took it to school and I assumed he put it in her mailbox. Well he must have because a couple days later before he went into the classroom he came running to me with a letter. He opened it and had me read it to him. It said, “Yes I want to be your friend. “
Also included in the letter was a picture she colored and a wallet size school picture of herself. CUTE! I gave him a cute little smile and he ran off. I looked up and didn’t see Amaya but caught her dad’s eye and we just smiled at each other. Too cute. It reminded me of that country song when it says, “check yes or no”. I’m pretty sure Jared doesn’t have a “crush” or anything because he didn’t seem that into it or overly excited but it was fun for me to know a little girl likes my boy even if she just likes him as a friend.Another story... One day I asked Jared to do something and he said, "Yes Pam!" What? I asked him if he knew a Pam and he said no. I asked him why he called me Pam? He said dad said to say Yes Sir and Yes Pam. Click! I got it! I then corrected him and said it was mam.
And... Jared has stopped sucking his thumb!!!
2 comments:
Does it get any cuter? That letter is adorable. Jared is already quite the heart throb. So so sweet. I love your stories.
I'm so glad you are recording these stories because one day Jared is going to love this.
Post a Comment