I REALLY dislike potty training. I don't like dealing with accidents, I hate the pee smell, and I know I shouldn't get upset when accidents happen but I often do. Spencer is kind of nonchallant in the potty training business. He doesn't really care. If I have him go and sit on the toilet he'll go but he's not going to tell me when he has to go. So I feel like I'm the one being potty trained in the sense that I have to remember to take him.
After yesterday of three or more accidents, I'm not sure how many but I know there were at least three, I was wondering if I should continue. Jared was sooooo easy. What should I do? Spencer doesn't fight me when I make him go but all this time he's only told me a few times when he had to go before actually going.
But after today I'm determined to keep going. He's told me at least 4 times that he's needed to go and he didn't have one accident today (and today I decide to start him out with a pull-up and no underwear!)
Jared and Spencer made it a kind of game today. If one said they had to go they'd race to the bathroom (Spencer's been going on the big toilet but will go on the little one if Jared and him go at the same time.) And one time I heard them talking and saying, "I'm going to make a bigger pile." It's all about competition, gross! So tomorrow we may have 3 or more accidents but today was good for me because I finally saw progress in Spencer realizing he had to go without me reminding him or before it was too late. I'm not saying we won't resort back to diapers but for now I can persevere at least for a little bit longer...
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go Spencer!!!!! And way to go Mommy!!!!! Your kids are such great friends. I'm so glad.
You go girl:)
Post a Comment