Monday, March 15, 2010

Christmas Take 3: Snow Boarding

My main gift to Chris was for him and me to go snowboarding at Sun Valley. I really like skiing and boarding but haven’t gone much since having our family. I feel like it’s too risky now. I’m not bad at all, in fact I’m decent, but no matter how good you are you can really hurt yourself. In fact the better you are the worse you can get hurt because of speed.

But because I knew Chris really wanted me to go I decided the biggest part of the gift was for me to go since I would prefer staying home. So the Monday after Christmas we headed to Sun Valley with Jordan, Baillie, Andy, and Brandon. I had a lot more fun than I thought I would until… I was cruising down a run and it was really icy so I was going a little slower and came down right on the tailbone. OUCH! I wasn’t going pokey slow by any means but I definitely wasn’t going fast but it was the ice that really did me in. After the fall I was really timid and afraid of falling and hitting my already throbbing bum. I soon got a headache and stopped for a late lunch and tried going on another few runs but I my head really hurt and I was boarding too timidly which hurt my bum more so I opted to sit the last few hours in the lodge. My head killed so I just found a table and put my head down. Soon after getting situated my mouth starting salivating and I knew I was going to need to throw up. I tried lying my head down but soon realized I needed to find a bathroom quick before embarrassing myself. I started looking around and couldn’t see anything and asked someone who told me it was upstairs. I started to run to the stairs and then took the stairs two at a time and ran to the bathroom and as I’m running for the bathroom I’m feeling the urge to let it out. Somehow I’m able to keep it down and run through the door but all stall doors are shut and I have another urge coming and I’m sure this one I won’t be as lucky. Right then a girl walked out of a stall and I run in and not any too soon. I felt much better stomach wise but still had a killer head ache so I continued to keep my head down the rest of the time.

I knew I’d hurt my bum pretty good but I hurt it really good. It took several weeks for it to not bother me when sitting and almost a month for it to return to normal. But it was fun and I’ll go again maybe sooner than I did last time
Beautiful Idaho! Chris and JordanProof I was there: Chris, Andy and me
Jordan and Chris
Brandon
Baillie

2 comments:

Ali said...

Sad! Chris owes you:)

Also, how can your hair be bursting with goodness and curls WHILE snowboarding? Not fair.

Grandma B said...

I forgot about that fall. I wonder if you had a concussion? You be careful. I'm glad you got to go!!