Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Fest

Yesterday was one of the many pumpkin fests held by the Chicago Park district. The afternoon was full of inflatable obstacle courses, bouncing house, petting farm, face painting, pumpkin patch and more! The only thing we had to pay for was the petting farm ($2 for both kids). We didn't do the pumpkin patch which also cost because they were kind of dinky pumpkins and decided I could get a bigger one at the store for $3.

But before we hit the festivities we were able to watch Ana and Peter while their parents went to the temple and met up with us later at the park. More is definitely less in this case. The kids played so well and Chris and I were able to do our own things while at home. What well behaved children. We'll watch them ANYTIME!!! (They played so well it seriously was like they babysat themselves, Ahhh)

Some things said by the little ones:
Ana: I'm a little kitty kitty girl girl (said very daintily)
Jared: (said in high voice)I'm a little (then pausing) BIG DOG (said in a "manly" voice)

Jared: Peter always cries when I push him.
Me: Well honey, don't push him.
Jared: But then I hug him and say I'm sorry.

On the way to the park Ana and Jared held hands practically the whole way...
even when they got too tired to walk:)

Here are some pictures of the highlights:

Ana is the sweetest little thing. At the park she'd hold both Chris and my hand and be so soft and gentle. It really was cute and we didn't mind a bit. She showed Chris how sweet girls can be and I think he rather liked it:)

Also notice we are in shorts! Back in Idaho and Utah we got reports of snow! Wish you were here...

5 comments:

BrookeJean said...

Those kids are adorable. and I am SO jealous that you guys are wearing shorts.

Ali said...

Jared's girlfriend is a cutie. I'm glad he has a little friend there already! LOVE that picture of the two of them holding hands in the strollers! :)

Justin & Heather said...

could Jared have found a cuter girlfriend?!

Angela said...

I love it when I'm babysitting and the kids get along really well! Cute pictures!

Grandma B said...

It sure seems that Jared Likes the GIRLS and the girls like HIM. You might be in trouble. What a charmer!!