Monday, October 27, 2008

Jenner Prom


Saturday night Chris' work had a black tie event. I was really excited to have a night out with my handsome guy until it came to getting ready. I couldn't get a hold of the girl I wanted to do my hair so I attempted to do the feat on my own. I don't know how to do elegant hair when it's short. I was so frustrated and wasn't as excited to go. Who wants to wear a pretty dress when you don't feel pretty, not me.

But that all changed when Chris came out in his tux to make sure everything fit. Right then and there I decided I didn't care what I looked like I just wanted to be with him for the evening (sigh). My hair was simple, the night was fun, and Chris looked great!

While getting ready Jared wanted me to paint his toes as well.
So out of this: Came this:The dinner was at the Palmer House (one of the oldest running hotels in Chicago) and it was a gorgeous building. I felt like I was in a scene from batman where everyone is dressed up drinking their drinks standing in a grand, gorgeous room just before the joker comes.

The food matched the "classy" atmosphere with a dry aged filet and foie gras. I wish Chris wouldn't have told me what foie gras was before I ate it. It tasted good but I about gagged when eating it and couldn't eat more than a couple little bites of it. I don't know if it was the thought of eating liver or the cruelty to the birds that made me gag. I guess I can say I've had it now.

We finished the night with a wide variety of dessert. We left just as the dancing music started. We had called home and Jared was still awake at almost 11:00 so we decided to relieve our friend from their generous service. Chris and I both enjoyed the food, building, and most of all each other:)

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

you look beautiful!!! how fun, i'm glad you guys got to do that together!

Ali said...

I love the batman scene analogy. I totally got a feel for what it was like while picturing that scene. I'm glad the joker didn't arrive at your party though. :)I'm glad you both got some time out for each other! Ironic that his WORK would provide that...but so nice! It's nice to be treated to sometimes. You look great, by the way.

Justin & Heather said...

You looked gorgeous! Simple is so the way to go for black tie...it's a good thing you didn't get a hold of the girl to do your hair because you look so elegant with the simple up do!

Kaela said...

You really do look so pretty! Well, you always do, but you look particularly fabulous all glammed up in this photo. How fun to have a reason to dress up:)

Anonymous said...

You guys look amazing!!! Sure do miss you guys!!! Love ya tons

Angela said...

Marjorie sometimes simple IS the most elegant, and by the way you look gorgeous! What an opportunity, I'd love to go to something like that!

Camille said...

HOTTIE!!