Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

We started our Halloween off by going to our ward play group. I was able to go while Cherie stayed with Spencer. It'll probably be awhile before I'm able to go again. At the activity the kids decorated cookies, did a bean bag toss, ate pizza, and ran around like kids do.
Later Chris took Jared around the neighborhood to do trick or treating. Chris said after every house Jared would walk down the side walk and say one more time! Sometimes when someone would come to the door then go get the candy Jared would try to walk in and grab the candy before they came back. And another side note, I was going to go buy Jared shoulder pads for his costume last Monday but was unable to due to labor:) so instead last Thursday for the law school trick or treating I used maxi pads and they worked so well (I think better than shoulder pads) that I did it again. For Jared's sake when he's older I will say he didn't like them much!
So we didn't take Spencer out but a friend at law school told Chris he'd be a bad parent if he didn't dress his kid up for his first Halloween. So one night Chris and I were laying in bed trying to decide what to buy or dress him up as. Chris said, "What would go with a football player?" and it dawned on me of a friend, Heather, who dressed her boy up as a football last year. Perfect!!! Cole was born in June so the costume was obviously too big but it worked out great! I thought he made a dang cute football. Thanks so much Heather!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Cougars! Your little family is growing so much! Congrats on your new addition, he is so cute!
Love,
Malita Bingham

Ashley A. said...

That is so dang cute! I love the maxi pads as shoulder pads idea too although I'm kind of surprised Chris let you do it :).

Alicia said...

I'm going to say it again, but your boys are so cute!! I love the football idea. And you have a WARD playgroup? Nice.

Anonymous said...

Those are my two CUTE grandsons!!!! I'm a Grammy and loving it! You guys forgot to come trick or treating.
Love, Mom B

Cassi said...

What adorable little costumes! You look amazing too!

Ali said...

What else can you say other than- that is CUTE! That's a way good idea too- way to start it Heather! These are pictures to go down in your great history! love them.

Tyler said...

cutest football ever.

Rynell said...

I love the Halloween costumes. What a perfect little football you have! Congratulations!