Friday, September 28, 2007

My Deal of the Week/Month/Year

So if you really know me than you know how I love good deals, and this week I got a deal that I've never gotten and will never get again... Smith's had a sale for Post cereals for 8 for $8. I went and picked up 8 cereals but they didn't have one of the kind I really wanted. The guy stacking the boxes told me when they'd be in and then said, "You want to know a secret, you really only need to buy 4 not 8." I thought great cause I didn't want another 8 anyway. After checking out I received a coupon of my next purchase and also if I bought additional post cereals I could receive another coupon. To shorten the story up I ended up buying two more purchases of 4 cereals and getting these coupons so I ended up getting 16 boxes of cereal for $8 after I used the coupons! Only 50 cents a box!

So now I have 16 boxes to place around the house, 4 of which are under our bed:) I told Chris and he shook his head. I asked him if he was glad that I could get a good deal and save money. He said yes but he wanted me to remember where we were, in a small apartment. But I couldn't pass up that deal, like I said I'll never find it again!

3 comments:

Haley Hale said...

EXACTLY! When will you ever get such a great deal on good cereal? Plus, that has to count as food storage...

Ali said...

YOU in a nutshell. No, there's much more to you than your steal-of-a-deal finds...of course. But you are handy to keep around to clue us all in on these kinds of things! I love it.

Kristen Lee Briggs said...

I did the same thing! I bought 18 boxes! I'm ridiculous, but Honey Bunches of Oats is my favorite cereal! Aaron thought I was nutso!