I decided to give an update and not leave you hanging on Jared's progress.
After the few days of frustration Jared turned it around and has made me quite proud. I thought it'd be forever before I'd take him anywhere in underwear or even let him wear it around the house, but after a week we tried it and he's done wonderful. I've been on several outings with him in his underwear (he did wet his pants once:( but not too bad!) Occasionally he forgets to tell me and I don't ask in time and he wets them but really not that much (3 times last week he wet them without telling me he had to go).
I've figured I still need to ask him and not depend alone on him telling me, and sometimes I have to sit him on the potty even if he says no because it's been a long time, but I think we're making a good team. I'm still too nervous to take him to church especially during nursery, I just don't think it's fair to make someone else deal with it, but maybe someday...
So in regards to potty training, I feel really lucky! Too bad I couldn't guarantee every one of my children would be this way. Till then I'll just be hoping!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job Jared! I'm sure he'll have it down by the time the baby comes. That will be nice. I have to admit though that it makes me kind of depressed... Someday Elizabeth will learn, too. I really am happy for you guys though... :)
Post a Comment