So potty training started off great and I had a couple sisters saying how lucky I was. Well I'd just like to inform everyone that Jared is indeed human! He started off telling me he had to go with only a few mess ups. Our second day in fact he only missed telling me twice, pretty good. Well the next day he failed to tell me all but three times. Luckily he redeemed himself the third time by going by himself and going #2. The most frustrating part of all of it was I would ask him if he had to go and he'd say no and then minutes later be going!!! And I don't think I'd be so frustrated except for I know he can do it! Today was a little better but I don't think he told me very many times that he had to go; instead I would ask him and instead of taking no for an answer every now and then I'd take him to the bathroom even if he said no and have him try (often he would go).
So still I don't want to discredit him but he started off soooooo good that it's frustrating to deal with the regression. I'll keep at it but it does get wearing at times. Currently my strategy is to go diaper/underwear less until he tells me almost all the times he needs to go and then I'll try the underwear. I'm holding off on the underwear because he doesn't get it yet and treats it like a diaper (I think he doesn't get the concept of underwear when I try to explain it to him).
So if anyone has suggestions let me know, I'm totally open to any success stories!
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so impressed that you are already potty training Jared! I think Kate is a long ways away from that, and normally it seems like boys are the later ones. Way to go! I'm sure it will get better and better with time.
Post a Comment