Saturday was homecoming for BYU and we started our morning off with blue pancakes by the duck pond just south of campus at 8:00. We then played around the area until the parade came. Jared really liked the parade except for Cosmo's loud bike and the storm trooper. On the way home we let him have a sucker and when I turned to look at him he had gotten it all over his face. Don't know how he accomplished that but he did a good job of making a mess.
At the game the weather was perfect until around the third quarter when it started to rain. I usually am so overly prepared with armloads of "protection" but this time I had only grabbed a blanket as an afterthought. Thank goodness for it or we would have had to leave early. It got a little hard because I had to hold Jared part of the third quarter and all of the fourth and then I held him for our walk to the car. I held him for mainly two reasons: 1. Chris was soaked and it wouldn't be very comfortable for Jared 2. I didn't want to have to give up my cover and warmth of Jared and the blanket so I ended up sticking it out and relieved my back later with a nice bath.
At the beginning of the game Jared was all hyped up! He cheered with everyone and clapped. When we sat down for timeouts he'd often holler at us to stand up when everyone else started to. He took a little nap and after his nap he wasn't as excited but still did well considering our weather conditions. Below is a clip of Jared doing the fight song. He's alot more vocal at home but here's a glimpse.
3 comments:
How fun! This is a great video...You can tell Jared knows exactly what to do and when to do it, but he's just so enamoured that everyone else in the whole stadium is singing along, that he's a little slow and in Aw!! How fun- I love that you guys are such fans.
I love your little BYU family! So fun!
I am laughing outloud right now! That is so cute that he knows the fight song! He has grown up so much!
Post a Comment