Friday, February 25, 2011

Valentines Day

For some reason this year Jared was super excited about Valentines Day. I read him a book on where Valentines Day was derived from and wanted to make Valentine Cards right then. So we went to work. I thought it would take us all the week before to finish them but we did it in one setting, over 30. I drew a heart on the inside of the card and Jared and Spencer took a pen and made little holes all along the line making the front bumpy. And then I wrote a little message and Jared wrote his name on every single one, this is where I thought he'd get bored. Spencer was really cute while helping and right away he wanted to make some for his friends Peter, Anna and Sophie who moved last October. They were also excited to give me a gift which Jared reminded Chris of, "Remember it starts with an F".

So all week Jared was excited and kept asking me when it would be Sunday so he could go to bed that night. This boy loves decorations. At Christmas he told me I didn't have enough to which I agreed and bought more but it still wasn't enough. Then the other week I hosted a baby shower at our place and someone brought decorations which Jared saw before he left. He asked me to keep them up and someone took them down when helping clean up and when Jared got home he just cried and cried. So I knew I needed something for him. So the night before I made "heart" snowflakes and put them up in the boys' room while they were asleep. It was so cute when they woke up Jared said, "Look at this! Do you see this!" It really wasn't much but he appreciated it. For Breakfast it was Heart shaped waffles with berries and cool whip. They loved it and scarfed it down.
I got a dozen red roses from all my boys and our little gift to them was a compliation of their current favorite songs. There were a lot of songs they liked that we didn't have so we were hoping they'd be on the radio in the car and if they were lucky they sometimes got to watch the music video of them. It was a hit and they loved it! I am now rocking out to Justin Beiber, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus all day long and I'm actually ok with it cause my boys are too cute when singing and dancing with it. Below is the playlist with their favorites bolded. The rest we added cause we thought they'd like them and we already had them in our library.
  1. Eye of the Tiger- Survivor (Both boys like this one but I'd say Spencer likes it more. He always picks it as the song he wants me to sing to him at night)
  2. Stuck Like Glue- Sugarland (was Jared's fav for awhile, still likes it but not his #1 anymore)
  3. I want to Hold your Hand- The Beatles
  4. Party in the U.S.A- Miley Cyrus (One of Jared's #1favorites at the time, Spencer likes it too)
  5. Yellow Submarine- The Beatles (One of Spencer's #1 favs, again another song he requests at bedtime)
  6. Don't Stop Believin- Journey
  7. Hound Dog- Elvis Presley
  8. Baby- Justin Bieber and Ludacris (Jared's other #1 fav, again Spencer likes it a lot too)
  9. Just the Girl- Click Five
  10. Trashin' the Camp- Phil Collins
  11. Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts (Jared used to love this song back when we were in Provo, he'd sing it to me and it was the sweetest ever so I added it for sentimental reasons)
  12. Firework- Katy Perry (I would say this is Spencer's all time Favorite. When shopping the other day it came on and he started screaming, more squeling, with delight. Jared too likes this song and Miles for that matter)
  13. Eight Days a Week- The Beatles
  14. Mr. Mom- Lonestar
  15. Ticket to Ride- The Beatles
  16. Animal- Neon Trees
  17. Keep Holding On- Glee Cast

Below are videos of them listening for the first time. I need to get a better video because they can really rock out to these songs.

4 comments:

Ali said...

This post had both Jeff and I cracking up! That's too funny that Jared is so into decorations, and I love their choice of songs! ...and the fact that they know even know who sings them is even greater:) They've got good taste...or should I say- you've got good taste!

Grandma B said...

I loved this post!!!! What a fun family! I just miss you but love you more!!!!

cherie said...

You are WONDERFUL parents!! I love you and the boys...What memories they will have. Love you too much.

Linsey de Guzman said...

You are the cutest mom! I love your decorations. Anna always tells me we need more decorations, too. I've been meaning to tell you thank you for the valentines-- my kids loved them! So sweet of your boys. I was totally laughing at your "attempted" professional photos-- classic! Is it even possible to get three little boys to pose? Glad you got great ones for free! We miss you guys! Wish we could come play!