We decided at the last minute to drive "home" for Christmas and let that be our gift to our parents. Our first stop, Wyoming, Trent's house. Every year they do a live Nativity and this year they were Mary and Joseph with their baby Shonee and my parents were going to be there so we decided this would be a great year to go. We arrived Christmas Eve day. Below is Chris, the boys and Clairee sledding 
Waiting for the Nativity to start. Jared was a shepherd and at the last moment he decided he didn't want to but he looked cute while it lasted.
Trent and Mardy and the donkey. The weather was great. It was cold but not blowing...still. Miles had fallen asleep so I was able to enjoy it fully.


The Shepherds going to see the Christ Child

The cowboys (wisemen)

That evening after going to Mardy's parent's house for a yummy dinner, we opened our pajamas, read the Christmas story again, and sent them to bed.
Chris wanted to put out Transformers for their Santa gift but I wanted to do the piano and Ball and net. I think it's fun to put stuff together that night. I should have listened to Chris though. Their favorite things were the transformers maybe next year I'll let him pick out the "Santa" gift.
The boys slept in really well. Miles not so good. Chris got up with him and saw a Moose though so that was fun. Everyone was up but Jared so I decided to wake him up. I crept in there and said, "Jared do you want to get up?" He answered something groggily and then I said, "It's Christmas!" And he bolted up squinting saying, "Oh yea, I forgot!"

They loved their stocking and their favorite thing in them was their toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouth washes. One that colors the teeth blue so you can wash them off and then a normal mouth wash. They took a break from opening their stocking stuffers to go brush their teeth.
Jared and Clairee sitting in Clairee's princess chair, all the kids loved this chair.
Camille had our family this year and she made everyone hats. Check out how cute they boys are and they love them and I've gotten so many comments on them since.

We had Trent and Mardy and we gave Clairee crowns and shoes, what girl doesn't love shoes?
Mid morning watching... I don't remember
Miles on Clairee's horse that she got. This thing was cool and old school and Miles loved it.
Late that afternoon we decided to head to Idaho. The weather forecast said snow for the next day so we decided to leave early since the roads we'd be traveling through the mountains weren't freeways. The boys did remarkably well on the 5 1/2 hour trip sleeping a lot of it and watching movies the rest. We surprised everyone and the boys were excited to open their gifts, too bad everyone had to ship their gifts and we ended up coming. The one they're opening below was one they'd been anticipating for awhile. It's an animal tree house with an animal for each letter of the alphabet. Spencer's speech therapist would bring toys and games to play with while working with Spencer and this was his favorite. And since Christmas we have used it and played with it daily. We all love it. (Miles' favorite animals are the ostrich and flamingo, it's not uncommon to see them in his hands throughout the day.)
They got silly hats which were fun (In the background is Andy, Ashley's husband who was able to come home from Iraq for 2 weeks. it was fun seeing him. He gets to come home for good in either April or May)

I failed to take pictures :( but here's one of Miles and Bridger, Mal and Brandon's baby. These two are a couple weeks shy of a year apart.
Christmas was awesome, seeing family was worth it and the travel was decent besides me hitting a very big bunny rabit on the way home and cracking our front bumper. After several trips to and from Idaho our kids know the meaning of a long car ride. Last week we went to the outlet mall in Aurora, an hour away and we told our kids it was going to be a long ride. Jared's response... How many days?
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Christmas 2010
Am I too late to post about Christmas? Oh well. I've had the pictures uploaded for over a month and usually that's my excuse for not blogging. But alass our Christmas:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those hats are adorable!! I didn't know you guys drove out again. Your kids must definitely be good travelers. Miles is so big!! I love to read the updates so keep them coming no matter how late! :)
What sweet, sweet hats! And that picture of Miles on the horsie is just too perfect. He's a cutie bug. That's funny that they loved the mouth hygiene stuff! Who would have thought?! Evan might someday...last night he discovered that eating a blue m&m turns his tongue blue and he couldn't stop looking at himself in the mirror:) I'll have to save the idea of coloring mouthwash for later!
Post a Comment