Friday, October 30, 2009

Tight Frenulum

aka tongue tied. That's what Miles had until Thursday when I took him in and had it snipped. All they did was numb him a little bit and after it was done they brought him to me to nurse to help put pressure on it to stop the bleeding. Then after awhile they checked to see if the bleeding had stopped and sent us on our way.
We weren't sure if he was tongue tied or not because he's been eating fine and growing at a normal pace but we could see the frenulum when his tongue was down. I asked the pediatrician on Monday what she thought and she said he very well could be and looked to be tongue tied but sent us to the specialist/surgeon to confirm it and see what our options were. She wasn't sure if we'd be able to do the procedure because often they prefer to do it on 6 week or younger babies because they move even less and are smaller. But when I called in and told him his weight they said he'd be fine even though he was 9 weeks.

We decided to go ahead and do it because it's a lot easier to do now versus later if we needed to. Chris had his done in college (not necessarily needed and didn't make much a difference) in hopes of helping him roll his r's. Miles was a lot worse and could've given him speech problems or may not have. Who knows but we did it and it went well and this was our boy later in the day so he didn't even have it too bad either.
And later cuddling next to dad after a long day:)

Miles stats at two months:
11.9 pounds 50%
23 in 25%
Head 30%

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see the Bingham is Miles!! He is very cute, actually all your boys are very cute!!!

Grandma B said...

What a beautiful baby!!!!! And that smile is to die for. I want to hold that boy!!!!!

Camille said...

He's so bald! :) Haha, but all babies are, and he is adorable! I love his smile! Still can't believe you have three now...crazy!

Wendy said...

He looks like you!