Friday, October 9, 2009

Sneak Preview to Little Fockers

I've never seen the complete movie of Meet the Parents or its sequel but I better get caught up because part of the third movie, The Little Fockers, (don't say that too much around a 3-year-old) was filmed in front of our condo!

Awhile back someone approached a girl in our association about using our building. They said they were looking at several others but it looked like ours had a good shot. They ended up using her condo for the Focker's home. and shot several scenes there. They'll do a lot more back on set but they measured everything out to make it look exactly like her place dimension wise. We were told that just the building was going to be used and no big names would be there.

So on Tuesday the streets were cleared and the crew and cast moved in, including Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro. I went outside with Jared and Spencer and monitor in hand (to check on a sleeping Miles.) This is all I was able to witness the first time:It was really fun to watch the workings of it. But it was really slow! You'd think they'd move fairly quickly but it was a pretty lengthy process for the few scenes I saw being shot. The scene below is of the in-laws driving up to the house (boring but fun for me to watch):

When Miles woke up I fed him worked on putting Spencer down for a nap and then it was time for Miles to take another nap. The second time I went out it was just me cause Jared opted to stay inside watching Tom and Jerry.

This time Ben Stiller was part of the mix. The weather was overcast with sprinkles and a little rain here and there hence the umbrella to protect Ben's "look". While standing on the sidelines I met several neighbors in our condo association I'd never talked to before. It was fun to get to know them better. One of the girls I was standing by waved to Ben saying, "Hi Ben!" when he looked in our direction and he totally waved back. Then of course all five of us in that group waved back, I felt like I was in high school again. I wonder how actors do it. Here he's trying to concentrate and prep himself but on all sides of him are by standers watching your every move. He seemed friendly enough but I could totally see how and why some actors and actresses are not the most cordial. The shot below is of Ben fixing his hair. did I mention how skinny he looked!?

Here Ben is practicing his lines.

And here's one last scene of Ben greeting the in-laws.
Later in the evening there were bright lights outside my window. I was curious as to what was going on but waited til I did a few things to check (one of which to feed Miles with my blinds shut.) When I opened them this is what I saw: Front row seats. Not sure what's going on but the "in-laws" are in their car talking and then driving away. It was kind of cool. De Niro wasn't really driving but he was hooked up to another vehicle and on his car sat the camera for close up shots. All the people in the background were observers.

Here are a few more pictures a neighbor sent out that she got that I liked:

7 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

Holy Cow! That is so awesome! Thanks for taking the pictures! How would it be to have a movie filmed right outside your door?! That makes for some exciting stories for you and your boys to tell!

HeAtHeR* said...

WOW! that is super cool! How fun! I love stuff like that...i really miss Chicago...

Ali said...

You are star-struck! It's hard not to be when you're in the middle of it, huh??! I like Ben's sweater :)

Grandma B said...

Never a dull moment. Crazy! I'm glad the boys were good so you could enjoy. Luv Ya.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That's so cool you got to see the filming process. I'd watch the other two movies. They are pretty funny.

Missy said...

That is so cool! Keep us updated with the pics. (Although next time you might see me doing a drive-by!)

nerak said...

wow! so fun!