Friday, October 16, 2009

One Strong Onion

So I was cutting my vegetables in preparation for tonight's dinner and came across one wicked onion! I had to take a break and sit down to let my eyes rest. The boys immediately noticed me and came over to my aide. Spencer kept saying, "Crying, crying." "Daddy!" And Jared kept asking me why I was crying and then commented, "Dirty water!" I've never had an onion so strong where I had to squeeze my eyes tight enough that my mascara ran.

After I was able to open my eyes Spencer kept touching my face and saying water and wash. He didn't like the way I looked. It's Jared's hand below in the picture.

6 comments:

Camille said...

Oh how beautiful! :) I love how you're boys were so concerned and didn't like how you looked :) AND the pictures below of Spencer and Miles are priceless! Too cute! :)

Heidi said...

Oh Marjorie, you look like...hmmm, can't think how to describe it. I find that I often find my eyes smarting and tears running upon cutting an onion.

I am SO sorry Miles has had thrush!!! I can genuinely and deeply empathize with you. It is so miserable...I hope you and baby are doing better.

Ali said...

Perfect for Halloween though! :)

Grandma B said...

Tee Hee sooooo funny. You do look abit stange but I must admit that
spencer did a better job of weird make-up. Smiling...my heart is hirting but at least I can keep looking at the pictures.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I hate onions. I always hold them with a plastic bag so that my hands don't smell. That must have been a harsh one.

Wendy said...

That is so funny! I hate when that happens. Adam and I saw a tv show once where they wore goggles while cutting onions. Sort of silly but I have thought of doing it!