Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sick House

We got back from Utah/Idaho Sunday evening and Jared was sick. He slept for an hour and a half on the plane and woke up throwing up. He threw up like five more times before we landed (about an hours time). He continued to throw up frequently through the evening so finally between 10 and 11 I took him to the ER. There they gave him Zofran which helped immediately and we got home around 1:00 AM.

All Monday he seemed much more himself with a couple naps but lots more energy. The next morning at 5:50 AM I heard Spencer on the monitor throwing up. Ran downstairs and rescued him from his sickened state. I'd much rather have Jared sick then Spencer right now. Spencer cannot aim and doesn't even try. Luckliy he only threw up 5 times in a four hour period of which I was able to catch two of them in my shirt and the other two I had to clean up (first one was in his bed). I also felt worse when Spencer threw up because he doesn't understand what's going on and it scared him and he'd say mommy in between heaves; broke my heart.

So Chris and I thought we were in the clearing but Chris woke up this morning sick as well, after a rough night with the boys... (When Spencer wakes up Jared somehow helps him get out of the crib. This happened for the first time last night but twice, grrrr. This cannot be happening with the baby coming in six weeks! Jared was in a toddler bed and potty trained at Spencer's age but I don't care, Spencer is a different child and I am totally content with him in diapers and a crib for awhile after the baby is here.)

More to come of our last week's adventures...

7 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Marjorie! I'm so sorry. It's miserable to have a sick house, especially when they don't understand what's going on like little Spencer. I hope you don't get sick too, I'll be praying for you. It's the nurse in me, but make sure you wash your hands really well, especially after helping the little boys or before eating,etc. I don't want you sick too!

Angela said...

Oh and remember the BRAT diet, bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. It will help replace electrolytes lost and solidify any runny stools, and calm the stomach!Love you, hang in there!

Alicia said...

Wow, you have your hand full! I hope everyone gets better soon! I hope you are feeling well too. It is hard being pregnant, sick and also take care of a family.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marjorie,
Clairee got that too!! Sunday night at about 10 pm. Then she was pucking every 15 to 30 mins for about 6 hrs. Today is the first day she has acted like herself. That really sucks hope you guys get rid of it soon. Give Chris dramamine and metamucil, I got rid of it in a half a day. Hang in there! love you!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Got to love the throw up in your shirt! So fun! I hope you guys get better soon.

Shelly said...

Poor kids that's so sad): I'm sorry that you have been having a tuff time with sickness at your house that really is hard. On a happy note you only have six more weeks to go of pregnancy and I have 4weeks and 5 days!! Your having a little boy right? Take care and good luck with everything

Ashley A. said...

Oh, I'm sorry Marjorie. What a horrible few days. I really hope you don't get sick, too. That would be the worst. 6 more weeks! That's crazy... Especially since I've only got about that long, too. Aah, I'm not ready! :)