
So a week ago I took Spencer in for his well baby plus fever which was an ear infection. I was sent home to give him Amoxicillin for ten days. They told me to bring him back in ten days to check the ear and make sure everything was okay. I ended up taking him in today because he woke up with a horrible, horrible rash on his face and body. Just yesterday I noticed some redness start to flare up in one cheek but I assumed it was his eczema coming back and since giving him the antibiotic he started scratching his head/hair more. I thought it was cute at the time cause I thought he was just playing with his hair but looking back I don't think he was playing with his hair.

At first thought it might be a reaction to carrots cause just last night was his first exposure to them. A reaction to the antibiotic did cross my mind but I was confused why he wouldn't have reacted sooner. The doctor didn't think it was carrots and his explanation for a delayed reaction was the body often has to have 10 to 30 exposures before it reacts. I had already given him his first dose for the day and the doctor said he would probably flare up even more tomorrow before getting better. His ear is looking lots better but the doctor said it was still pink but isn't going to put him on any other antibiotic and he said it should continue to heal on its own and to just watch for a fever. Right now I'm putting him on Zyrtec and he's really being an angel. He looks miserable but he doesn't complain much. So for now we have some extra Amoxicillin. And a side note: Spencer gained 7 oz since last weeks check up!
7 comments:
that is the exact rash Parker got after being on amoxicillin for 7 days. so now he has to do other things. Poor little guy. take care
Poor little Spencer. I feel your pain. So does Mal, Ty, and Grandpa Meservy. We have all suffered from the wrath of penicillin. Ashley
He is so cute, even with that nasty breakout. He is a Meservy for sure.
My mom is trying to update the Bingham link book for the family reunion. Could you please email with any updates? Emails, address, phone numbers, birthdays of kids, etc. I will get the information to my mom.
Thanks,
Malita
Also, could you pass this on to all of your siblings?
binghamm@d261.k12.id.us
When I was young I got a rash from penicillin. Much like the one that Spencer has. Bless his little heart. Hope he feels better!!! Mardy
Penicillin should be banned. I am also allergic. Those pink cheeks and sweet smile are to die for though!
Oh, how sad! I hope he is better!
Post a Comment