I took Spencer in for his 18 month check up and since Jared had been running a fever for 4 days took him in too for a check up.
This practice doesn't give you charts to take home so this is from a rusty memory, I need to call the office and get the official measurements.
Spencer:
Height- ??? - 90%
Jared:
Height- ??? - 85%
I was totally shocked by Spencer only being in the 75th percentile for weight (he's a tank!) and equally shocked that Jared was so high in height. Happy day I hope both boys keep up on those curves and grow tall!
As for being sick that day Jared's fever broke and he was fine. But the next week both boys came down with a fever for again about 3-4 days and I took them in and they both had strep and the flu! Shocker. Neither of them complained of a sore throat or anything. They tested for the flu just to verify it wasn't swine and it wasn't. They couldn't treat the flu but got them both on antibiotics for the strep.
During these two weeks I was sick pretty much none stop. I had a fever with Jared the first week that turned into a head cold which later turned into a sinus infection (holy cow I hope that never happens again! all I can say is half my face felt like it'd been in a fight. I could hardly open my mouth to talk/chew, my cheekbone killed, and I didn't want to open my eye). I was on an antibiotic as well so there should be no more sickness for a little while around here. Chris so far hasn't caught anything. He was sick, not to the extent we were but nevertheless miserable, just before us so I'm glad he didn't get it as bad.
I did learn one thing. If you're going to be couch/bed ridden sick it's great to have sick kids with you. They just curled right up by me and we often fell asleep together. If only you could plan that...
(Jared spelling his name looking at my letters and connecting the dots I made for him)
No comments:
Post a Comment