During the night I had to change Ruby's diaper and after we were done she sat on the counter and looked at herself in the mirror. I played with her hair for awhile and then asked her if she wanted me to braid it. She quietly said, "umm humm". I started to french braid her hair on the side and since she was being so good I continued the braid around her head. She was so cute and good it was fun to play with hair and this time it was appropriate (not one of my boys:).
Friday, November 7, 2008
Babysitting Group
We've got a little group together (3 couples) where we trade off a weekend night to watch each others kids and this week was our week to watch the 6 kids (2 kids per couple). The ages range from almost five to one and it's great!
During the night I had to change Ruby's diaper and after we were done she sat on the counter and looked at herself in the mirror. I played with her hair for awhile and then asked her if she wanted me to braid it. She quietly said, "umm humm". I started to french braid her hair on the side and since she was being so good I continued the braid around her head. She was so cute and good it was fun to play with hair and this time it was appropriate (not one of my boys:).
The night had few problems and even those were solved quickly. Below are of the group (minus Spencer) watching a little bit of Sleeping Beauty. The witch was coming out and Anna was scarred hence the hands up by her mouth. (Left to right Ruby, Anna, Alli, Peter, and Jared)
During the night I had to change Ruby's diaper and after we were done she sat on the counter and looked at herself in the mirror. I played with her hair for awhile and then asked her if she wanted me to braid it. She quietly said, "umm humm". I started to french braid her hair on the side and since she was being so good I continued the braid around her head. She was so cute and good it was fun to play with hair and this time it was appropriate (not one of my boys:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow- you can french braid like that and have NO girls?! I hope you have girls someday because it would be a shame for that talent to not be used!! I have tried doing my neices hair before and it was SO much harder than I thought it would be. Cool idea to have a few couples alternate babysitting the group!!
I'm glad it wasn't too hectic! Was Chris there to help, that makes a huge difference.
The little Sleeping Beauty crew is too adorable.
I think you need a girl soon!
That trade off sounds like a sweet deal! I'm glad you've found a system with friends- they all look so well behaved!
Ruby loved her hairdo! She let me put her hair in a ponytail the next day. And on Sunday she wore a headband. You are amazing!
It sounds like life is going pretty well. I love reading about what is going on. Keep up the good work. Miss you.
Post a Comment