
With Chris and I heading off to Chicago, Ty in California, and Bailey graduating high school Jim and Cherie wanted to get the family together for a big vacation one last time before who knows when again! They decided to take everyone to Oahu Hawaii. Can you say FUN!!! What's even better is there was only 2 kids and 11 adults. That means a real vacation for Chris and me. Below is a sketchy agenda of what we did.

Sunday- arrived around 2:30, 6:30 Mountain Time, rented cars, checked in at rental house after 6:00, ate, went to bed around 8:00
Monday- woke up with boys at 4:00 AM. Ty was already up, he'd been up since 2:00. Went for a walk with Ty, Mal, Chris, me and the boys around 5:30 to find the nearest beach which didn't open up til 7:00, drove to another beach and saw turtles surfacing and crabs coming out from their holes. Spent most of the day at Pounders Beach (so fun) had a late lunch early dinner at Haleiwa at a burger place. Huge burgers. Went to Dole Plantation and took the train tour (Grandma, Grandpa, Chris, me and the boys while everyone else did the maze. Older boys went back to Pounders after they bought boogie boards.

Precious!

The early birds minus Mal (Chris, Jared, Baillie, and Ty)

Sexy Jordan (no that is not hair it is sand!)

Brandon

That big green thing is half an avacado!

Try getting your mouth around that! Good effort Ty!

Granpa and Spencer (chewing on a pineapple core)
Tuesday- Wikiki- Shopped (International Market), took pictures with a man that had parrots on the street (Jared loved holding the birds), ate lunch at another burger place, went to Wikiki beach and the boys went surfing, had dinner at Bubba Gumps.
Jared loved the green parrot.

Grandma, Jared, and Grandpa

Jordan, Grandma, Jared, Grandpa, and Baillie

Ashley and Andy

Brandon and Mal

Boogie boarding at Wikiki Beach
Andy catching a wave

Andy, Chris, Brandon, and Jordan with their boards after surfing

Jared in Forest Gump's Shoes
Wednesday- Visited Pearl Harbor- Lunch - Hanauma Bay where we snorkeled and saw sea turtles, eels, lots of tropical fish, clear waters with white sand, coral, ate at fast food joints
USS Arizona Memorial
Jared, Grandpa, Ashley, Spencer, and Chris
USS Arizona under water

Submarine
Hanauma Bay

Cute, tough family, Eh?


Jordan and Baillie sporting their new tatoos:)
Friday- Sunset Beach (Saw a seal sunbathing on the beach), then went to Waimea Beach(cliff jumping), Dinner Mexican Restaraunt, for dessert had acclaimed snow cones that has ice cream in the bottom. You can also have sweet and condensed milk, and red Japanese beans. Later we went to Pounders Beach and the waves were pretty rough. I didn't last very long because I got stung pretty good by a jelly fish. The boys got hit pretty hard by a couple big waves that got them tumbling. Had Pizza Hut for dinner. 
Spencer LoVeD the sand!
Baillie jumping off with Chris and Andy at the top

Spencer and Grandpa

Jordan (above and below)


Chris

Chris, Andy, Brandon, and Jordan
Saturday- Watched Olympics for the morning, went to Hukilaw Beach where we only lasted an hour. Jared got stung by a jelly fish and then I did the first time I got in the water. Those who got stung by Jelly fish were: Me(2), Jared(1), Chris(3), Ty(1?), Andy(2?), Jordan(3), and Brandon(1?), had shrimp and barbecue chicken for lunch, then went to the beach just north of Shark's Cove, Dinner at Pizza joint in Haleiwa. Went home and watched more Olympics
and visit and read.

After Jared got stung he wanted me for a long time then he saw Aunt Baillie and wanted only her. He ended up falling asleep as pictured (they have the cutest relationship!)
Sunday- Church at 8:00 had lunch and went to the Punchbowl- National Cemetery, Headed for the airport had dinner there and caught our flight at 9:45 PM



Monday- arrived at 7:30 AM 5 1/2 hour flight where Jared probably slept 3 -4 hours, not enough but oh so worth it! Thanks for the memories Jim and Cherrie!!!
4 comments:
Aw, finally...the pictures and post I have been longing for :) Holy avocado, those birds look awesome (Jared looked like he was on cloud nine with them!), you look amazing in your swimsuit- I want your marathon legs, and I am jealous of Bailey and her sweet connection with Jared! What a sweet recap! I can't believe how many people got stugn!! wowzers. Sounds like a rad trip all in all. I so long to go to Hawaii someday.
Amazing recap Marjorie...you make blogging intimidating--someday maybe I'll be half as good as you...
Heidi
Sounds like a great trip!
I am so jealous. That looks like it was a ton of fun. I love the picture of Jared laying on Bailey. So cute. Good luck in Chicago.
Post a Comment