Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Baby is Three

Today Miles turned three.  Sniff, sniff.  I love, LOVE the phase he is in.  I just want to bottle him up and keep him as is forever.  He is truly a little gift, one I enjoy everyday.  He loves his brothers and they love him.  He's my little peace maker, my pick-me-up, and inspires me to be better.
This little boy also cracks me up daily.  He is so smart and really gets a lot for his age.  He's been talking well for a long time and I believe that's helped make him so easy as a two-year-old.  He's been able to express himself and doesn't get as frustrated.  He's constantly throwing out words I wouldn't expect to come out of a two-year-old (his latest is "actually") and more impressive than the words he spits out is the length of sentences he's able to conjurer up.  I'm regularly restating his sentences and counting how many words were in a sentence he used.  His record is 12 words and that was earlier in the year when I first counted that long of a sentence.
Some things I want to always remember about this little guy:
  • This week when getting ready to go somewhere I got frustrated with him because I was looking for one shoe and by the time I found the lost shoe he'd lost the one he had (still can't find it).  I obviously was too frustrated cause by the time we got to the car, with two separate shoes he asked, "Mom are you so so mad at me?" If that doesn't ground you what will?  We had a nice chat.
  • His brothers are quite physical, their boys!  And when I tell them to stop whatever it is their doing I'll also tag on other don'ts with it.  Miles will then come to me and say, "I won't hit, I won't bite, I won't pinch, I won't kick."  And he won't.
  • This last week I dropped the boys off at a friends house.  Miles has been a little more clingy lately and he didn't want me to go.  Finally he relented and he looked at me and said while shaking his finger, " No whining, and no hitting. I'll be nice and happy."
  • When Miles gets whiny it's a good probability that he's tired.  So I constantly ask him "Are you tired? Do you need a nap?" to which he instantly changes his tone and says, "I'm not whining anymore. I don't need a nap."  I love how he gets it!  He knows I mean what I say.
  •  Miles has been potty trained since he was two but he's had plenty of accidents this year.  He is so sweet when he does have an accident.  He apologizes, gives me a hug, and says, "that's ok."  I can't get mad at him (except for when he wets consistently in a day or weeks time) 
  • He loves his brothers.  He's always asking, "Where's my brother's at?" 
  • When I'm downstairs and he's hollering for me and I holler back he then always says, "You doing laundry?"
  • For as long as Miles has been able to say names you ask him his and he'd say 'M' or Robert (his middle name).  Until the last few weeks his is now saying Miles.  I loved hearing him say Robert, and he'd say it to people he'd met for the first time.
  • Loves to say actually, and I love it when he says it too
  • Loves pajamas, especially hot ones.  He got a pair today and we were going to a party and he wanted to wear them there.  He likes to wear his button up ones like a jacket.
  • He has a few favorite shirts I cannot wash fast enough.  His absolute favorite is a batman shirt followed closely by a couple Thomas shirts.
  • When his brothers get hurt says, "That's ok, you're tough."
  • Calls Grandma Meservy Grandma Cherie
  • He loves to touch ears, especially when tired, watching tv, reading, and even in the car if his brothers will let him.  He'll sit right by his brothers and touch their ears or touch mine when he's on my lap.  Spencer's the best sport about it.  Although sometimes he'll say, "It's not night time Miles, only when we go to bed."
Now for a little bit about today.  The boys were so excited going to bed the night before.  When they got up they wanted to open the presents right away but we were having problems with our camcorder.  Jared and Spencer were losing it.  Finally I told them to stop acting like six and four-year-olds and start acting three cause Miles was fine.  That worked for a bit.  Then Chris told them if they had to wait for an hour then he'd buy them a present if it took an hour and they were good while waiting.  That worked.  They were disappointed when he fixed it in 15 mins.

While in Idaho for the summer we had a few cousin b-day parties we went to.  They played heavy, heavy hangover thy poor head and bonked the presents over the birthday person.  Here was Jared with the first gift and Miles closing his eyes anticipating the whack.
 Jared gave him a ninjago guy. Jared was the only one to get a hug, Miles was so excited.  The boys got a lot of these for Christmas and right now they are all lost.  Miles LOVED these little guys.  And no surprise this was his favorite gift.  All day he's been holding it and already I love/hate it.  He's "lost" it already a few times and he's so sad til he finds it.
 Spencer gave him some Jake and the Neverland Pirate characters that went with what Grandma M gave him (Jake's boat) and what we gave him (Hook's lair). He also got a set of four mama dragons and their babies from Grandma B that Jared and Spencer loved and convinced Miles to give them one set.  We told them Miles could share, not give although Miles was willing to give all his gifts away except for his ninja.
 Later we went to a friend of Jared's birthday party.  They had an animal show and the kids loved it.
I didn't know what I was going to do for his cake.  He couldn't make up his mind.  He went from star wars, rainbow, racetrack, and ninjago.  In the end ninjago won.  He wanted Cole who is black but I told him he couldn't have him (it's hard to make black it just turns dark gray) and because red is hard to make (again just dark pink) I told him Kai was out as well so that left Zane, Jay and Lloyd.  He chose Lloyd.  And this was what he got.  Not fancy but it pleased him:).
We had a fun relaxed day.  They played with toys, ate too much sugar, and watched Mario Brothers together.  I'm so grateful for this little man.  He literally inspires me to be better! Happy Birthday Miles.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Aww, it was SO fun to read about this "baby" of yours that I hardly know anything about(!) He sounds like an absolute sweetheart and I loved reading all the details about the things he does...I love him already. That picture of him "holding" that giant bunny is hilarious! That thing is huge! And your boys are brave to let that massive snake crawl all over them!!!! Yikes. I love your cakes, and all that you do for your boys...more updates please! :)

Grandma B said...

I love, love this little guy! He has me wrapped around his little finger. So glad he had a great birthday he deserves it!

cherie said...

I love the boys. Aen't we so blessed. But the snake made grandma Cherie go EEEK!!!