My folks came out for two weeks in December and it was awesome. I feel like I/we were running almost the whole time. I thought I had most of my Christmas done but after changing my mind on several gifts it was apparent I wasn't as close to done as I had hoped. While they were here the kids helped papa with puzzles, my mom helped me finish my Christmas cooking, went shopping, hung interior doors (thanks dad:), made a cloth nativity set(my favorite), went to a play, picked kids up from school and more!
It was awesome having my mom's eager, helping hands.
Going to A Christmas Carol. Amazing! We were three or fours from the front so we didn't miss any facial detail. It was great! And the best part was leaning over and seeing a huge grin on my dad's face. It was a little too scary for Spencer, especially when Marley visited, but he made it through unscathed.
Breakfast at Bongo Room:
Dolphin Show at the Shedd:
The Wise men from the nativity we made.
I grew up with this same nativity and loved it as a child. Last year my mom brought out the material she had bought for each of us to one day make our own. I've been wanting to make it sense then but I've been afraid to attempt it in fear I would ruin it. (I also didn't have a sewing machine until this Christmas where I used some of the money my mom gave me for it, thanks mom!) This was my chance to knock it out with my mom's help! And we did too. We whipped it out in all but a night and day with exception to the wise men and camel that took a lot longer because of the bead work. I love how it turned out and I already can't wait for next Christmas.
Thanks mom and dad for coming. I thoroughly enjoyed it and we all went through withdrawals after you guys left. My mom played so hard with the kids, especially Spencer, that we all missed that special interaction. And I missed my dad when I had to finish hanging the doors by myself (Chris would've helped if I would've waited for him). We love you guys, can't wait till you come back!!!
1 comment:
Aw, this post makes me happy. I love the nativity. So cool that your Mom thought to buy extra sets and saved it all this time. Awesome awesome. Parents are the BEST.
Post a Comment