This little/big guy is six!!!
His birthday was at the beginning of December and he was so excited. So excited that he ran right past his presents and didn't notice them at all.
At school I was excited to bring in his treat. His teacher said I could make the treat as long as it didn't have peanuts. I knew immediately what I wanted to make and it didn't take too much convincing to get Jared on board. My favorite birthday treat that my mom made as a child was her carmel popcorn around a sucker. We arrived at Jared's school just as they were coming in from recess.
For the most part it was well liked, but I may need to reconsider what age is appropriate to serve this dessert to. It took the kids a long time to eat and it was really sticky.
After school we came home to get ready for his party. Over two months before his party Jared knew he wanted a rock and roll party. I really liked how Spencer's homemade invites had turned out and wanted to do something "homemade" as well. As I was trying to figure it out Chris was totally instrumental in helping my pull it off. He gave me the idea of making a backstage pass and then as I was making it he pretty much told me what graphic and font to use. I got so many compliments from them to which I took no credit and gave it all to Chris.
For his cake I made a guitar cake... twice. I was just finishing up the guitar strings when I hit the corner of the pan and it flipped right on the floor.
The kids were in bed, I screamed felt like crying but what do you do... Make another one. I was crunched for time so Chris suggested I buy a cake to which I immediately refused (you can't buy a guitar cake!)

The completed guitar cake second round.

Then after everyone had left we headed over to our neighbor's house to trim her tree. What a fun filled day. Success? You bet!
Jared's favorite things these days are video games, Captain Underpants, and legos. He loves sports and dancing. I love how he interacts with his siblings. Little Miles mimics everything he does and looks up to him so much. I love his energy, laugh, smile, hugs, and love for little children. He loves babies and wouldn't mind another sibling, as many or more than his cousin scottie (7 kids), but I've informed him that's not happening any time soon. He's a good first child... forgiving and full of love:) Love you J-Rod!
We invited only the boys from his class. I thought this would help on the numbers game. We still had 10 boys show up. Crazy? Um... Yes! But they all had a blast and it was a success. They went crazy when the pinata broke, they ate lots of pizza, and danced and rocked out with their inflatable guitars.
Right after the pinata broke. No picture of the pinata, it was boring and not cool at all.
1 comment:
How is life going so fast? SIX? It feels like just a few years ago (NOT SIX) I was watching him a few hours a week and still in Provo. Too sweet. Happy Birthday Jared!!
ps- your cake ROCKS...in more ways than one. You are getting to be such a cake genius! I would have given up and bought one for sure.
Post a Comment