Sunday, September 13, 2009

Roses are Beautiful... Thorns are NOT!

Our poor little Spencer learned this the hard way. While at a park this evening him and Jared were trying to pick a rose that was surrounded by a fence. The fence was about two feet high and while leaning Spencer leaned a little too far and flipped over. His face got the brunt of the punishment. His arms are also scrapped up but his face looks the worst. He really looks like he got in a fight with a cat. I hope these don't get infected or scar.
He's a pretty tough kid and cried under 30 seconds. Jared cried more when we told him we needed to go home and take care of Spencer's owies. We put medicine over the cuts when we got home and I did again when putting him to bed. Here is a before shot taken this morning before church. Boys...

3 comments:

Ali said...

Did Chris have to take them to church pen marks and all or were you able to wash that all off?! Awe, POOR SPENCER! Thorns HURT!! I would have cried for 10 minutes...I hope they heal well.

Camille said...

Ouch!! That looks nasty and like it hurt a lot! And I thought I had it bad when you made me jump into the thorn bush...but I think Spencer's is worse! I sure do love you! :) And just so you know, if Mike could choose, he'd probably pick a transformers backpack too. ;) Hope today's drop off went well! Give the boys a hug and kiss from Aunt Cami!

Grandma B said...

You warn me about being attack by the rose bush and that is really an atack. poor little guy. I sure love you all. Mom