Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Miss You Already!

I seriously have the best mother-in-law. This time round I wasn't able to have my mom come help me out after Miles was born seeing she is serving a church mission. There's nothing quite like having your mom take care of you. You don't have to tell her what to do she does everything plus more and she already knows all my faults and weaknesses and loves me in spite of it all. I missed not having her.But... lucky me Cherie is my second mother and loves me in spite of me as well. I can be a difficult person to live with, just ask my husband, but Cherie never complained or commented on my bad days. She let me rest and nap when I needed it and carried Spencer whenever I needed it. Seriously by the end of the day I know she was worn out but she never complained. The only time she'd say anything is if we asked her if she was tired. She cooked, cleaned, changed dirty diapers (Spencer's are horrible!), made Spencer's AweSomE halloween costume (stay tuned) and loved my boys. We are all missing her, especially Spencer who spent most early mornings sleeping with her. I am so appreciative to this wonderful lady who gave me two exhausting weeks of her life to devote to our family. How did I luck into marrying into such a good family? I cried as I dropped her off at the airport on Saturday. She truly is a blessing to me and my family. We love you!!!

6 comments:

Grandma B said...

It was so hard for me not to be to come out but i to am soooo glad for your awesome Mother-in-law. Cheri I love you too. thanks for all you do for all of mine. Ilene

Angela said...

What a wonderful family, I agree. I am learning that living so close to my in-laws, you're right, a second mother. Good to see you and yours and see things are going well.

Ali said...

That video is super cute. Grandmas are the best and thank goodness our kids get TWO!

Melissa said...

Here's to fabulous mothers-in-law! I'm sure you'll do great with 3 against 1. You're one fabulous mom! Just to comment on your previous post of preschool, I can't believe how big and old Jared is getting! Isn't it fun though, to see them all grown-up? I love it! Take care of yourself.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Oh how nice. I'm sure you loved having the help. Did I ever tell you guys that Rob (my husband) served his mission in Boise and in Jerome and Chris's Dad was the bishop in the ward at the time that he was there. He said some really nice things about them both.

Camille said...

Just a random comment...but I love Spencer with his hat on sideways! What a gangsta!! :) Sure do love you guys!