This last Wednesday Jared had a nap so you never know what to expect when putting him down for the night. Sometimes he'll stay in bed and other times he'll come out. This night he came out after an hour or so after we put him down. After being up for awhile he was ready to go back to bed but he wanted to sleep by me in my bed. I decided I could go to bed a little early on a couple conditions: #1 I told him when dad came to bed he'd move him down to his bed, #2 he couldn't suck his thumb, and #3 I just looked at him and he answered for me "I can't touch your lips." (He touches my lips all the time and I especially can't stand it when I'm trying to sleep.)
When we got back to the bedroom I knelt down and told him I needed to say a prayer and he said, "Just like me?" and I said yes. Then I was quiet for a moment trying to decide whether I should say a verbal prayer in front of Jared or the usual silent prayer in my mind. Before I'd decided Jared piped up asking, "Do you want me to help you?" So sweet. So he helped me with my prayers that night and I loved it.
4 comments:
I love all these stories...the lip touching thing- I've never heard of that- it's like a security that you're there, right? How cute. And I would have loved to hear him help you with a prayer- so, so sweet.
Jared is so cute! I can't believe he's doing t-ball! He's growing up so fast. I love looking at your blog! Your boys are so cute!
I am so glad that Chris got to see Jared. Jared is so grown up looking. I love to see him .
I think Justin was a bit jealous when he saw these pic's. He can't wait for these days!
Post a Comment