Jared is all about trains, cars and planes these days so I've known what Jared's cake would be ever since my mom got me a train cupcake mold earlier this year. I knew it was going to take me awhile to complete but I didn't think I'd be going to bed past 1:00 the night before his birthday (birthdays are only once a year so it's totally worth the time!) The cake is by no means perfect but I felt pretty good about it and Jared loved it as well making it totally worth it! I really wanted to have the house decorated for when Jared woke up so after I was done with the cake Chris and I started blowing up balloons. We maybe did 30 and I started to get light headed and seriously thought I was going to pass out. I was so exhausted from only 3 hours of sleep the night before and then staying up late again I opted to going to bed. I wish we could've had the whole place decorated though cause Jared was seriously excited when he saw all the balloons. I can only imagine his face if he saw all the streamers. We started the morning off opening presents and it took several hours before he touched his choclate chip pancakes because playing was much more fun.
Later in the morning I finally got round to finishing putting up streamers and blowing up balloons.Downstairs was my favorite! (the stairs have the streamers hanging down and we're still having fun with them:) Now Jared has been asking for his birthday since June and upon coming to Chicago we've already attended two birthday parties and Jared has been asking for his as well so there was no question that we would have a party this year (his first ever!) Above: Jared anxiously awaiting his guests and eating the strawberries.
Chris was able to come home after a meeting and it worked out perfectly. He supervised making sure the kids were safe while I got to enjoy the company of my friends:)
Jared, Bryker, Anna, and Alli (with the hat)
Linsey, Karyn, and Missy
Ruby Asher and Mo Kristal and Ollie Ashley and Lily
Spencer didn't attack is own cake for his first birthday but he downed two cupcakes! Then the following day Jared got out the leftover blue icing and Spencer got his hands on it. What a mess! I was shocked when I first saw it I had no idea what it was. Luckily warm water works like a charm for frosting.
And Jared had fun with the markers he got and went to town. We were even in the same room and I had no idea he was decorating himself. Chris was the one who noticed when he came home from work. Oops!!!
Jared's birthday was a success! I worried about him being possessive of his things at the party but he did better than I ever anticipated. And he loved all his gifts. Since his birthday he's slept with George every night, played with cars and airplanes non-stop, the elephant is relentless in its roaring:), and I have read and re-read all his new stories. Thank you everyone for making Jared's birthday one to remember!
Aw!! Your cake is adorable! I would love step by step instructions, please! :) So cute. Glad you had such a good time...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jared!! (Can't believe he's 3!)
8 comments:
Aw!! Your cake is adorable! I would love step by step instructions, please! :) So cute. Glad you had such a good time...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jared!! (Can't believe he's 3!)
I miss my sweet boys.
Wow, you're a great mom!
What a fun mom!!! You are awesome. Your three boys are so lucky to have you.
Marjorie--you are just the best! What a fun birthday...your boys are soo cute:) Oh and Paul said I should GO!!!
You are such a good mom! What a fun birthday, and your cake was awesome!
Happy Birthday Jared! It looks like he had an awesome one.
I loved the last post, too. Your parents seem like really amazing people (they must be to have raised such an amazing daughter!). :)
Happy Birthday Jared!
Post a Comment