Monday, January 21, 2008

Like Father Like Son

If you know Chris you'll know that he likes his sugar. I often try to send chocolate with him to school so he won't go spend twice as much at the vending machine. Well, for Jared's first year of life we tried really hard to keep sugar away from him. People would often laugh or ask if we thought that'd do any good. Chris' response would be something like, "I hope, but if he's like me then probably not." Two years later we are finding out Jared is more like his father than in just looks. Many mornings Jared wakes up and one of the first things he says is, "I want candy!" And he has a nose for where candy is! He'll find candy in places I didn't even know it was. Or I hide it in a place I'm sure he'll never find and some how he'll see just a little bit of wrapper. That kid really has a gene in him that is geared towards sugar. The pictures are Jared eating the cookie batter. I turned around for a bit and his mouth was full of cookie dough. What a character!

2 comments:

sunnie said...

i love the pic of chris reading to your jared, actually it's more like jared is reading to chris. it's adorable. what a cute family you have! we have a blogspot too now, it's www.sunnieandchris.blogspot.com i try to keep up on it weekly, and show a glimpse of the photography i do, but it's more like i post 3 or 4 posts in a day and then i go a few days. at least i'm consistent, lol.

Ali said...

Sugar makes me happy too. :) At least Jared's a boy and won't have too tough a time keeping it off- Plus, he is your son and you don't struggle with that yourself!