Sunday, November 25, 2012

Halloween 2012

Pumpkin carving happened solo this year.  We got pumpkins early but didn't carve them so they'd last for Halloween Day.  We were running out of time and Chris was busy so we ended up tag teaming it.  He had to work a little later and I had a meeting so I started the process and he finished.  The boys were all helpful.  Miles wasn't a fan for long but stuck it out for awhile.
We ended up almost finishing the pumpkins before Chris came home.  He got his hands a little dirty.
This year Jared carved his pumpkin all by himself.  He stuck with it and at the very end he didn't want to finish but did it.  And it looked pretty good too:).
All lit up: Miles', Spencer's, and Jared's.
For our church Halloween party our family made use of Cherie's hard work and went as BYU Superfans.  The kids wanted to dress up in their costumes but I threatened them the night before that they WOULD wear the BYU gear or they wouldn't go.  I won:).
For awhile the boys have been saying they wanted to be what they were last year for Halloween. Perfect... until I take them to Costco one day. Then they all changed their minds of course!  Miles wanted to be Jake, from the Neverland Pirates, so bad.  But then he changed his mind to batman.  I saw a batman costume on sale and picked it up and kept both just in case.  He said Batman for a solid week before Halloween and the night before he wanted to be Jake again.  Phew! I'm glad I didn't return it yet!  I think Miles was most excited to have his hair dyed black. 

That morning I asked him if he wanted his hair like Jakes and he excitedly answered yes!  I took him into the bathroom and blow dryed his hair to make it spikey if front. I turned him around and asked him if he looked like Jake and he bowed his head and sadly said no.  I realized then he wanted to LOOK like Jake.  I felt so bad.  There was no way I could make him look just like Jake.  I quickly sprayed his hair black, put his head band on and had him look in the mirror again and he was ecstatic!  I was elated as well:).  Crisis averted.  Below are my boys dressed up: Spencer: Knight, Jared: SWAT, Miles: Jake
Miles at school
Spencer and Miles eating breakfast at school with friends
Jared coming down the stairs for his school parade.
Once outside he quickly shed his coat.  He really thought he was cool stuff.  He especially loved his whistle.  He said during recess he kept making people line up to go inside when he blew it.  Tricky, tricky:). During Jared's class party he won the jar of candy corn by guessing closest to the number in the jar.  There were 180 and he guessed 190.  Awesome for winning, not awesome that it was candy corn, bleh!
Jared reading a poem with school mates
And actual trick-or-treating.  It was a good night but still a little chilly.  I put three layers on the boys.  Miles was so puffy everyone wanted to squeeze him. 
Miles was very gracious to everyone and would give the best thank-yous.  I don't know how many people said he was the cutest thing they'd seen.  I didn't think his costume was that great but I think he's cute enough to get those comments:).
Spencer's hat kept creeping up.  At times I would wonder if he was a Pope or knight. 
When we got home we had pizza with neighbors Julie below and Terri and helped them hand out candy to the late trick-or-treaters.
Terri with Spencer and Miles
The boys went to bed wonderfully and woke up and immediately got in the tub.  I think they could have used a few more hours, don't you think? 
Since Halloween we have all eaten way too much candy and still have more to go.  I think it's time to sneak it away... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Love all these pictures! Those superfan costumes are AWESOME!!! ...and I'm impressed that you did the bulk of the pumpkin carving. That is tough work. Way to go:) Evan would be jealous of Mile's "Jake" costume. He does indeed look like Jake with his hair black and that red bandana! Too cool.