For a long time I've been realizing how quickly my kids are growing up and yesterday was one of those days I wanted to freeze time. The night before Chris and the boys informed me I had to stay in bed till they said. Miles woke up at 7:00 and Chris promptly got up to get him. I knew it was going to be pointless trying to go back to sleep but I tried. Some time Spencer made his way in to my room and asked to sleep by me. Of course! He cuddled up by me, touched my face and just chatted away. Loved it, I wanted to freeze time.
Awhile later Miles pushes the door open and in he walks all decked out in his church attire but half of his collar is up with his tie is on but the top button is undone. Again I wanted to freeze time.
Finally breakfast was ready and all my boys, Chris included, brought me back some of the most delicious french toast I've ever had, banana's foster french toast. AmaZing!
They also brought me cards and flowers. I told Chris that I didn't want a mother's day gift because what he got me for my birthday (more to come) was more money than I'd like him to spend so I preferred my birthday gift be for both occasions.
I was a little worried that the boys, mainly Jared, would be upset that they didn't "give" me anything so I told Chris he could wrap up some shoes I had bought myself that I needed. We forgot to wrap them but I'm so glad we did. Jared and Spencer were thrilled to give me cards they made and flowers. They didn't feel a need to go out and just buy something, anything, but gave me what they really wanted to and that made it all the more special.
Later as I was getting ready for church I came back to my room and Jared was making my bed. I wanted to freeze time watching this little boy maneuver himself around the big bed. the top comforter was completely off the bed so i'm sure that was some work for him to pull and tug into place.
After church I was waiting for a meltdown moment to happen. All I really wanted for mother's day was for everyone to be happy and get along. So cliche but so true. It continued to be a wonderful day. Everyone loved Chris' ribs and the boys and Chris were so helpful in keeping things picked up and cleaning up after themselves.
(Chris preparing the homemade bbq sauce)
At bed time I requested Chris put the boys to bed so I could blog. I was tired and really wanted to do some blogging before I talked myself out of it. Jared heard my request so of course he wanted me to carry him back to bed. I kindly refused but Jared was putting up a big fight and quickly ruining the mood and the idea came to me that I should go to bed too and have them sleep by me till Chris came back to bed. What a perfect way to end mother's day with one of my boys on each side of me.
I don't just love being a mother. But I love being a mother to my boys. Our life is far from perfect, in fact I have failed to mention how Spencer spilled my only expensive makeup ($40) in the morning and Jared got mad at something and was threatening to not sing the primary mother's day song in church and I didn't know if he would until he went up to the stage with all the kids, but I wouldn't trade anyone of my boys for the best boy in the world. I hope they feel the same about me.
To my sweet, sweet husband who was sensitive to all my wants and needs today. Not only did he fix amazing meals but he bathed and dressed the boys, took care of Miles at church, kept things tidy at home and then when I did go to bed he cleaned everything up, kitchen included. I love you sexy, thanks for making me feel loved and appreciated.
And to my own mom... I love you, I love you, I love you! I appreciate you so much more with kids of my own and am so glad I was part of our family. I know I would never trade you for any mother out there. Happy Mother's Day!
4 comments:
That does sound like a nice day. Happy belated Mother's Day Marjorie.
I'm glad that you had a fantastic Mother's Day. You are a wonderful mommy!
That french bread looks divine...and your bed set is awesome:) Love it. I'm glad your boys were good to you and made all the effort!!
I Love Loved this post!! I'm sooo grateful for the sweet partnership you and Chris have and the love you have for each other and the boys. Yep being a Mom. Mother-in-law and Grandma to all My kids is the BEST!
Post a Comment