Sunday, November 4, 2007

Grandma's 90th Birthday

Saturday we went up to Brigham City to eat at Maddox to celebrate my dad's mother's 90th birthday. It's really cool to the legacy she has and the impact and influence she's had on so many people. It made me realize I will affect many for the good or bad so my choices today are definitely important!It was fun to see lots of family especially my sisters. So everyone of my siblings were there except for my brother who was helping his wife's grandma move. There was a nice program where tributes were given to my grandma and we spent the rest of the time catching up with one another. Luckily Chris had Moe, my sister's husband, there to talk with because he hates (strongly dislikes) the conversations I have with my sisters. Yesterdays consisted of my younger sister's dating life and then the four girls who've had kids talking about our labors. I don't know what's wrong with Chris but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and spent much of the time laughing:)
I also was able to see my cousin Christy who I grew up going to school with. I don't get to see her much anymore so it was fun chatting a bit.
These next pictures are of my cousin Allison and her boys with me and my boys. We had Jared and Drew in December of '05 and she had Mason in September and then I had Spencer in October. We'll have to let each other know when we're ready for the next one ;)
All in all it was a fun outing. The only bad thing is we were disappointed in the food. It was after all Maddox but the quality and size portions were lacking drastically. Although I must say I did like the seasoning on the vegetables they served. Here's a few photos of those in attendance, not great pictures due to the surrounding windows but nonetheless here they are:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the pictures and comments coming. i love them all. I loved the Big Brother picture. The one with the 4 boys.
Luv, Grammy B

Kristen Lee Briggs said...

That looked so fun! I love Maddox, but I am sad that the food has gone down! One of these days maybe I will make it back there. I'm glad you had a fun weekend! Miss you!

Ali said...

I loved all these pictures...I'm glad you took so many and did such a great recap of Spencer's first big outing with extended family. It was great to see the pics of all your sisters...Valerie and Cammie look SO much alike I think. What a fun weekend! Isn't family the greatest?

Rynell said...

What fun!