Time has gone by quick and Chris, Jared and I have filled it with lots of fun (after all Chicago is really big and has lots to do!) I'll try to do a quick recap on things we've done and show lots of pictures!!!
A lot of the new Batman movie is being filmed in Chicago and a couple of days it was being filled right by Chris' office building so Jared and I went in to observe and have lunch with dad. Not too much action was going on but it was fun to see a little bit of the filming. Chris kept looking out his window during work in hopes of seeing batman in the air or the batmobile but he had no luck. I guess batman comes out mainly at night.
One of Chicago's biggest events is their taste of Chicago. They have tons of restaraunt booths lining several streets and you buy tickets and go test out different places to eat around the city. It was really fun and the atmosphere was like a fair. Several bands were playing throughout and most of them were country so it really felt like a fair.
On the 4th of July we went to our ward picnic. Chris had fun playing football, volleyball, and softball while we were there and he paid for it for the next three to four days. Jared had fun with another little boy in his nursery class. When I first watched them play I thought it was really cute how Nathan, the other boy, liked to hug Jared. Chris quickly informed me how the parents said he liked to wrestle so we needed to look out for Jared. Sure enough a couple hugs ended up with Nathan on top of Jared and Jared laying as still as can be not daring to move! One time Nathan had Jared's face in the ground and another boy was yelling at him to get off him. I ran over once I noticed and was surprised to Jared's reaction. Again he was just still and when Nathan got off he just got up and kept running! Thank goodness boys are tuff!

Chicago also has lots of free concerts. Last week we went to one that had two African bands playing. The style was kind of regae and really fun. Millenial Park was full of people and perfect for our little family allowing us to let Jared run on the grass and play.
This last Saturday we went to Chicago's Children Museum. So
cool! There were tons of things for kids to do inside and quite educational. Too bad Jared wasn't old enough to remember any of it. Our two favorite sections were the water world and the dinosaur section. The water section kids could race boats and see how to transport water or how to move the water. With the dinosaurs kids could dig for fossils. In both these areas there were props/jackets for the kids to wear and Jared did not want to take off either of them when it was time to move on. The whole museum was very hands on and very entertaining for all ages, even parents!
Chris is enjoying the experience he is getting and the pampering as well. One evening we went to a partner's house for dinner and was escorted to and from in a limo! Very fun! And Chris has enjoyed his baseball game in the box seats, lunch outings, and softball game where he got to leave work two hours early last Friday. As for me I enjoy my morning walk/jog as it meanders by the beach and lake and then I take Jared to a park where we've both met lots of Friends. The people here are really nice (not the drivers so much) and we are definitely open to maybe starting our career out here but time will tell!!!
3 comments:
These pictures are great Marjorie! I was hoping to see one of your belly though... :) You look like you're having a blast! But in hearing that, it still makes me a little sad that you may end up in Chicago- but who am I to talk, we have no idea where we'll be. I'm glad you are having such a good time.
that is awesome that you are taking advantage of all Chicago has to offer. So much fun. And Jared is darling as usual!
Nice to have you back in the blogging world! Chicago was so much fun for the weekend, and it was great to see you, I'll send you pictures soon. Until then, keep on having a great time, it looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment